Professional Makeup Artists Tips: The Eyes: Part 2
In Professional Makeup Artist Tips: Part 1 I shared with you the foundation of makeup application. Because eye makeup application is an art in its self, I thought it deserved a post of its own. In this beauty tip I’m going to share with you secret eye makeup tips used by professional makeup artists.
You can tell a lot by looking into someone’s eyes. There’s an old proverb, “The eyes are the mirror of the soul” a million times over, but their meaning holds eternally true. Dramatic eye shadow is a must. It can take time to get the makeup application perfect but if you want your look to match your outfit, it is a good idea to take the time to experiment with different colors, shades and techniques.
How To Create a Wow Effect With Eyeshadow
To create a wow effect you will need three eyeshadow shades. One light, one medium and one dark shade of the same color. Make sure the colors you choose match your skin tone.
- Using your eye shadow brush, apply the dark shade to the entire upper eyelid. Use the medium shade to fill in the crease of the eyelid to just below the brow bone.
- Now, blend the area where the medium and dark eye shadow meet by making small circles with the eye shadow brush. Use the same technique to soften the top edge of the medium shade and blend it up toward the eyebrow.
- Apply the light shade directly below the eyebrow on the brow bone and again blend the two shades where they meet. This technique will become easier as you practice.
- Use a brush to smooth the eyebrows into place. For sparse eyebrows, use a matching eyeliner or brow pencil to fill in the eyebrows with short strokes. Apply a matching shadow over the eyebrows to keep them in place and give them a uniform appearance.
- Next comes the eyeliner. It should be dark to accentuate the eyes. Draw it on and then blend it up and out with the blending tip on the eyeliner pencil.
- Apply mascara to the top and underside of the upper lashes. Applying mascara or liner to the lower lashes is not necessary and can make the eyes seem smaller.
Make Up Brushes
Professional Makeup Artists always use good quality makeup brushes. Good quality tools help to meet the best results, using these brushes help you make a perfect flawless look for day or evening wear.
Now you know some of the Professional makeup artists tricks for models. The best way to experiment with products and to learn correct makeup application is to contact us.