Models have the benefit of professional makeup artist tips.
When you pick up the latest copy of your favorite Fashion Magazine the cover it’s a professional makeup artist techniques that enhances and brings out the model’s best features. In this beauty tip I’m going to share with you some of the secret tips a professional makeup artist uses.
The foundation of a great professional makeup application is good quality products; my preference is the Mary Kay product line, which are easily available. A professional makeup application requires cosmetic sponges, brushes, foundation, concealer, face powder, blush or bronzer, lip liner, lipstick, and lip gloss.
- Cleanse your face as you normally would and then apply a moisturizer with a good sun block in it.
- Apply a liquid foundation with a slightly damp cosmetic sponge and smooth it out evenly. Blend well at, and below, the jaw line to avoid a noticeable line where your makeup ends. Apply the foundation under the eyes and to the eyelids as well.
- Apply concealer only in places needed. A concealer covers blemishes, redness, or dark circles under the eyes.
- Apply powder with a full powder brush or a clean cosmetic sponge.
- When applying blush, smile and apply to the cheeks. Use a brush to blend the blush up and out toward the temples.
- Line lips with a pencil closely matching the lipstick. Outline the lips and then color them in with the liner. Apply one coat of lipstick, blot with a tissue, apply a second coat and then blot again. Adding a touch of lip gloss adds shine.
Now that we have the face and foundation applied, we’ll concentrate on professional makeup artist tips for the eyes. Make sure you’ve signed up for the Sassy Pink Appeal Newsletter, so you don’t miss part 2 of Professional Artist Makeup Tips.
As a beauty consultant for Mary Kay Jeneen uses some of the very techniques she teaches women. If you are searching for the right shade, or want to learn more make up application tips, contact us or browse her Mary Kay shop.